YOU ARE APPLYING FOR EOPS PROGRAM SPRING 2021 SEMESTER!
EOPS APPLICATION CHECKLIST
Your application will not be processed until you have completed all the actions below.
- Submit an application for Laney College online at http://cccapply.org/Apply/.
- Please complete a FAFSA for the FY2020-21 year (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Submit a California Promise Grant application (Formerly BOGW) to the Financial Aid Office. Link at: https://laney.edu/financial_aid/2018/12/03/california-promise-grant-formally-the-bog-fee-waiver/
- If you are AB540 students, please consider applying for college resources. For more information, visit link: https://laney.edu/ab540/
- Prepare to submit your official college transcript(s) from non-Peralta campuses**
- Register for at least 9 units (12 units requirement waived for Spring 2021 during the Pandemic) AND 50% of your units in the semester you are applying for must be at Laney College. Please provide EOPS with necessary documentations if you have less than 9- unit requirement. If you do not have DSPS Verification Letter, please contact DSPS Office at 510-464-3428 for further assistance.
- Waitlist classes will not count toward the 9 enrolled units. (12 units requirement waived for Spring 2021 during the Pandemic)
- Create and maintain a valid email account – required for all EOPS communication
- Are you a single parent on welfare? If so, please contact Lynne Williams at email@example.com or (510) 464-3424 for more information.
- Are you an emancipated foster or probation youth? If so, please return this application with a Ward of the court letter. If you need assistance obtaining one, please contact Feke Lauti at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 986-6962.
*** In order to be eligible for EOPS, you must have LESS than 70 degree applicable units and not hold a degree from a higher education institution. If you are accepted into the program, you will be required to attend a Mandatory New Student Orientation.
If you are accepted after February 12, 2021, some of the financial services including book voucher assistance will not be available.
Eligibility for EOPS requires completion of other areas before applying (transcripts, application for California Promise Grant, Financial Aid-FAFSA). Admission is not automatic; eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the EOPS program.
Laney College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, military or veteran status, disability, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, and immigration status.