- Enroll early, my classes tend to fill up quickly
- You must attend class the first day or you will be dropped to make room for waitlisted students who are present. YOU MUST ATTEND THE FIRST CLASS to keep your spot. If there are unavoidable extenuating circumstances causing your absence that can be documented (such as a medical reason) you may email me ahead of time. I can no longer accept extended vacations/travel as a reason for missing the first class. Extended vacations during the semester, outside of the regular Peralta holiday schedule, cannot be accommodated.
- Check for all open sections and enroll in what is currently available (it may be possible to switch lab sections later)
- Make sure you have taken the appropriate prerequisite (see policy below)
- If a class is full, keep trying – someone may drop before the first day
- You may come to class the first day if you are trying to add into a full section – be aware there are no guarantees
- It is likely that there will be several students who come to add and feel they absolutely must get into the class; unfortunately it is not possible to accommodate everyone
Everyone must take the prerequisites, with good reason. The prerequisites have been established by committee to benefit students. The prereqs are not an obstacle, they are there because your proven success in those courses makes it much more likely that you will be successful in my class. For Human Anatomy (Biology 2), the prereq is Biology 10 or Biology 24. For Human Physiology (Biology 4) the prereq is Chemistry 30A or Chemistry 1A. You must have taken the prereq or a comparable college level course at another school to take my class. Admissions and Records will need to verify that a class taken at another school is an appropriate substitute. They may ask you to fill out a form to bypass the prerequisite. This form requires my signature and I will need to verify the information, so be sure to provide current contact information on your form. Please note that the paperwork will not move forward quickly over holiday breaks.