Step 1: Apply for Financial Aid
Laney College Federal School Code for financial aid: 001266
- The FAFSA Priority deadline is March 2nd for the incoming academic school year. However, students may always apply after the priority deadline. Example: For the FAFSA 2016-2017, the priority deadline is March 2, 2016.
- Make sure to include the PCCD Federal School Code and provide accurate income information.
- When completing your FAFSA, use the IRS Data Retrieval process to complete your FAFSA to ensure accurate information and to shorten the verification process with our office later.
- Electronically sign your FAFSA by using your FSA ID (watch the video instructions on creating one here).
* They will require spouse information if married and parents’ information if you are considered a dependent in accordance to the Department of Education guidelines.
Step 2: Your application will be processed and you will receive an e-mail with a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you did not provide an e-mail address, you will receive your SAR by mail. You should review your SAR for any necessary corrections or updates. If you do not hear from the U.S. Department of Education Federal Processing, go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
There may be required forms and/or documents that you and/or your parent(s) need to fill out. These forms can be picked up at the Financial Aid Office or can be downloaded from the Financial Aid Forms webpage. Please check your Student Center to-do list to see what forms and/or document(s) you need to submit. You may also be required to bring along these documents:
Be prepared to submit a photocopy of the following documents:
- Academic Transcripts (from other Colleges attended)
- Social security Card
- Drivers License or California ID
- High School Diploma/GED or ability to Benefit results
- Verification Worksheet
- IRS tax transcripts and IRS W2 for student and parents (*if dependent)
- Citizenship eligibility
Step 3: Once you have submitted your forms, the Financial Aid Office will review your case and determine your eligibility. Laney College Financial Aid department will contact you once your file has been reviewed. We will be contacting you via your Peralta e-mail account and/or your phone number listed on your Student Center. Please activate and check your Peralta e-mail account.
Step 4: Log on to Passport and go to your Student Center for the most updated information on your financial aid award.
For Dream Act Application please visit the link below: