Financial Aid Application Procedures and Deadlines for Students
2018-2019 Award Year
To be considered for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the renewal application at www.fafsa.gov. These applications are usually available beginning in January for the following academic year. If a student is interested in a State of California Cal-Grant, the FAFSA and a GPA verification form must be completed. It is important that California Community College students apply by the March 2nd Deadline or the September 2nd Deadline for the Cal-Grants. Additional information and eligibility requirements are available at the Financial Aid Office. By filing a complete application with all required documentation, students will have priority in the awarding of Federal Work Study and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants if eligible, based on submission date.
The information reported on the FAFSA may be verified by the Financial Aid Office using parent’s and/or the student’s Internal Revenue Service’s tax transcript.
Students must be able to provide a copy of their Social Security Card, Alien Registration Card (if applicable), and Photo ID for identification purposes.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) apply by April 1*
- Federal Work Student (FWS) apply by April 1 *
- California Dream Act apply by March 2
- Cal Grant Competitive and Entitlement apply by March 2 or Cal Grant Competitive only by September 2
- Pell Grant and Direct Loans – These funds are not limited, you can apply at any time through the Spring term of the award year. The absolute deadline for filing a FAFSA for Pell Grant for the 2018-2019 award year is June 30, 2019.
* SEOG and FWS funds are limited and vary by college. If funds remain after awarding students who have met those deadlines of April 1, 2018, the colleges will continue to make awards on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For your application to be processed in a timely manner, all required documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by June 30, 2018. Due to 2018-2019 year end closure, all financial aid supplemental paperwork must be submitted to the financial aid office by Monday, July 15, 2019. Late submission will not be accepted.