Business and Administrative Services provides financial and operational services to support institutional goals and the college mission, with a commitment to student learning at Laney College.
We encourage you to navigate to the webpage for the Business and Administrative Service units to obtain information about services offered and hours of operation.
The operating units within Business and Administrative Services include:
- Business Office: Manages budget development and reporting, purchase order and requisition processing, Employee Personnel Action form (ePAF) processing and approval. Assigns and distributes keys, and faculty/staff parking permits. Processes custodial maintenance/repair work order requests. Develops and manages campus budget. Processes timesheets (classified, certificated and student).
- Bursar Services (Cashier’s Office): Collects registration fees, student parking permit fees, EasyPass fees, transcript fees and disburses payroll and scholarship checks.
- Campus Safety Aide Services: The main concern is the safety of our Laney Community. We as Safety Aides patrol, observe and report all suspicious activities on campus. Our presence and visibility help secure and prevent incidents. We also provide escort service to ensure your security around the Campus. For immediate attention, please call (510) 464-3126 & (510) 599-9411.
- Custodial Services: Maintains a clean environment within all buildings on the Laney College campus, including classrooms, common areas, offices and grounds.
- Facility Rental: Laney College offers facility rentals and the professional services needed to host conferences, workshops, sporting events, and stage performances.
- Food and Catering Services: Provides delicious and nutritious meals to Laney College students, faculty and staff.
- IT & Laney Helpdesk: Provides a secure, reliable and effective technology infrastructure in order to support the delivery of instruction and the effective use of technology across the college, while integrating institutional and district strategic planning goal.
- Instructional Media Services (IMC): Provides copy services to Laney College faculty, administration and staff.
- Mail Services: Sorts and delivers of all incoming USPS, intercampus mail, and UPS and FedEx package deliveries. Processes and applies postage to daily outgoing USPS mail.
- Store Keeper Services: Manages all incoming materials, supplies and equipment delivered to Laney College from the Peralta Community College warehouse.
- Telephone Services: Ensures delivery of telephone services throughout the Laney College campus by managing phone repair, installation, changes, and moves; obtaining cost estimates; setting up voicemail; updates college telephone directory.
Derek Pinto, Ed.D, Vice-President Administrative Services, Laney College
900 Fallon St, Oakland, CA 94607, Administration Building T-215
Tel: (510) 464-3232