Laney College Facilities Planning Committee
To ensure effective utilization of college facilities that support educational programs and services, the Facilities Planning Committee reviews and makes recommendations on all facilities matters – including both long-term and short-term facilities changes such as new construction or remodeling of current facilities; establishing partnerships within the community regarding local development, reviewing funding, and setting priorities for facilities projects.
To accomplish this the FPC:
- Recommends policies and develops procedures for submission of physical changes and/or utilization changes of facilities.
- Receives and reviews submissions and presentations for all proposed facility changes and/or utilization.
- Evaluates and documents assignment of facilities with respect to adequacy for programs.
- Integrates program review results/Educational Master Plan updates into the College’s Facility Master Plan annually.
- Monitors ongoing projects and communicates updates regarding campus facilities.
- Develops and facilitates collaboration and communication between the Laney FPC and the District
Your Facilities Needs: FAQ’s
- What to do when you have a facility need or if you need something fixed.
- How do I submit a work order?
- How to I get my equipment fixed? Here is the Form for Equipment Repair Requests.
- How do I get new equipment for my department/ program? You will need to make new equipment requests through the Program Review/ Update Process.
- How do I request new space on campus?