GAISE Report – this is the report that we first started with, when we started our Community of Practice around teaching statistics. The report is LONG, but there is a short summary of 6 recommendations at the beginning and there are neat problems in the appendix that you can use in your classroom. Here are the 6 recommendations:
- Teach statistical thinking.
- Teach statistics as an investigative process of problem-solving and decisionmaking.
- Give students experience with multivariable thinking.
- Focus on conceptual understanding.
- Integrate real data with a context and purpose.
- Foster active learning.
- Use technology to explore concepts and analyze data.
- Use assessments to improve and evaluate student learning.
Daniel Najjar’s Presentation: OLI and Activity Based Learning
(Will post handout once received)