Accommodation Instructions for Instructors
Please review the verified DSPS students’ accommodations, which are updated each semester. Our office has included instructions for Accommodations that require the involvement of Instructors.
**Note that not all accommodations will be the responsibility of the instructor.
- The student is responsible for requesting a note-taker from Instructor
- The instructor will ask the class and/or by email if there is a volunteer who would be willing to share their notes for another student in class. (The DSPS student will remain anonymous)
- The announcement for a note-taker may be made multiple times if a note taker is not found.
- Once a note taker has volunteered:
- If the DSPS student is comfortable revealing their identity, the Instructor may connect the DSPS student directly with the student note taker OR
- Notetaker emails/delivers notes to DSPS office (laneyDSPS@peralta.edu) OR
- Notetaker emails/delivers to instructor and instructor forwards notes to DSPS student
- The student is responsible for requesting extra time for each test 1 WEEK prior to the exam.
- During Lock Down, extra test time request will be emailed to the instructor by the student.
- The instructor will add appropriate time to their test on Canvas, etc.
- When Lock Down is over:
- The student will complete the Student Section of the Alternate Testing Request form (forms found at the DSPS office)
- The student will turn in Alternate Testing Request to their Instructor
- The instructor will complete the Instructor Section of the Alternate Testing Request form
- The instructor will email (laneyDSPS@peralta.edu or drop off a copy of the test with Alternate Testing Request form to the DSPS office
- DSPS staff will proctor exam according to the approved accommodations and parameters signed off by Instructor
- Tests will take place the same day/time as the scheduled test. Alternate arrangements will be made if needed.
- All other testing Accommodations will be provided by the DSPS office.
- Recording lecture
- During Lock Down:
- The student is responsible for requesting recording from the instructor
- The instructor will record Zoom lectures and email to the student
- When LockDown is over:
- The student will inform the instructor they will be recording the lecture
- The student is responsible for their own recording device and recording lectures
Thank you for your dedication in helping our DSPS students. We are happy to partner with you!