On October 3, 2017, the Laney Faculty Senate voted to approve the formation of a Distance Education subcommittee.
The Laney College Distance Education Committee will serve as the college’s primary recommending body on matters related to distance education – specifically, focusing on supporting excellence in distance education teaching and learning; recommending policies, procedures, and resources to support effective, innovative, and equitable distance education at Laney College; and support consistent and continuous commitment to improving student learning and success in the online environment.
- Inform and engage the campus community in strategic planning related to distance education
- Identify distance education strategic goals and create college distance education plan to improve online student learning
- Ensure that college distance education plan and goals are based on data and analyses
- Support Laney College distance education classes to meet federal, state, and accreditation standards
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the college’s planning and resource allocation as it impacts Distance Education and make recommendations for changes
DE Committee Membership: 2023-2024
|DE Coordinator||Judy Wong / Laurie Allen-Requa
|Co-Chair, Admin||Diane Wu Chang, Dean of Student Services
|Co-Chair, Faculty||Danitza Lopez
|Liberal Arts/Social Sciences Faculty||Felipe Wilson
|Library/Student Services Faculty||Reginald Constant
|Foundation Skills Faculty||Danitza Lopez
|Classified Professional||Lewis Thrower
|Administrator||Dean Tarek ElJarrari
|Administrator||Dean Diane Wu Chang
|POCR Lead||Nora Mitchell/ Laurie Allen-Requa
|Student at Large||Open
Laney Distance Education Initiative
The Laney Distance Education initiative is designed to:
- Support excellence in online teaching and learning
- Reduce education gaps in student achievement
- Ensure that all online and hybrid classes meet federal, state, and accreditation standards
For a more comprehensive review of distance education at Peralta, visit our PCCD Distance Education Website
How Do I Access My Online Course?
- To log in to your Canvas account, go to portal.peralta.edu.
- Log in using your Peralta email address and password