Transcript evaluations should be completed by a Laney Counselor in order to:
- Evaluate which general education, certificate, degree, or transfer requirements you completed at previous colleges.
- Clear a prerequisite to take a course.
Scheduling a counseling appointment is preferred to complete a transcript evaluation.
Unofficial transcripts can be used to complete an evaluation and/or clear prerequisites.
Ordering Official Outside Transcripts to be sent to Peralta
- Transcript evaluations appointments can be done with unofficial transcripts. (Unofficial means the transcript is a paper version that has been opened by you, an emailed version that was sent directly to you from the college, or a version that has been downloaded from your student portal website).
- The counselor can help determine which official transcripts should be ordered and sent to Laney Admissions and Records.
- Official transcripts must be on file to use any units outside of Peralta for a certificate, degree, or transfer certification.
- To be considered OFFICIAL transcripts, they must be ordered by the student from their home institution, and sent DIRECTLY to Laney Admissions at email@example.com or to your Laney Counselor’s email address. Electronic transcripts that are emailed directly to the student will be considered UNOFFICIAL.
- Official transcripts received by Laney Admissions and Records are then scanned and added to the districtwide database for counselors to view.
If you’re looking on information of how to order Peralta transcripts to be sent to another institution, please click here.