Make sure you’re taking the right courses.
Choosing the right classes means having the correct resources to know which classes fulfill the correct requirements for your major and career goals.
- Meet with a Laney Counselor each semester for the best way to stay focused on taking the required classes for your goals. Schedule an appointment or chat with a counselor here.
- General Education (GE) advising sheets for Local Associate Degrees (AA/AS) and to transfer to a university, IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) and CSU-GE (California State University-General Education) Breadth Requirements.
- Associate Degrees For Transfer (ADs-T) that streamline the process of transferring to a California State University (CSU)
- Access the current Laney College Catalog for degree requirements and course descriptions.
- Find the current Class Schedule on the Campus Solutions homepage or login to your Campus Solutions Student Center to use the class schedule and register for open courses.
- Meet with a 4-year college/university representative to clarify how best to be competitive for the school and major of your choice.
- Access Laney’s Career Center website for career assessments and tools that can help you choose the right major and classes.